
Happy Easter everyone! Hope that first picture made you smile. I had fun with him doing those. This is the one where he is closest to smiling. I haven't been able to capture Evan smiling in a picture yet, but he is smiling more and more. Usually in little bursts. We'll do something to make him smile, and then we drop everything to milk as many smiles out fo him while he's in the smiling mood. I can't wait for him to masters those muscles to be able to smile more and more. And then I'll get all the photos I can stand.
Easter Sunday was good at our house. After our 8-11am church, we came home and well, the video explains what happened when we walked in:

Here's Evan in his Easter Sunday outfit. The tie is from a garage sale I went to a while back, but the shirt and overalls are actually the outfit that Dustin was blessed in when he was a baby. So almost 30 years ago. I like that it looks like Evan is loosening his tie after a long day's work.

After we came home, it was nap time for the boys and prep time for mom and dad. The ham went in the oven, other eggs were filled with candy, and then we went out in the yard to hide them. Our friends the Weidners were coming over to have dinner and some Easter fun with us. We had been growing out our grass extra long to make for a better hiding place. As we went out to hide our goodies in the TALL green thick lawn we've cultivated, we discovered we had been watering it too much, because there are mushrooms growing all over. So we will cut the grass and cut back on the watering now that the hunt is over. But the kdis had fun finding their eggs. Here are some pictures.


All in all, it was a great Easter. I even got the inspriation for an animated short film (2-3 minutes) that I think has a lot of potential to maybe get me noticed by Pixar someday. So I am working on that script, as well as being busy finally rewriting my old animated feature from college. It was a really good Easter for all of the reasons you've read and seen here. But even without those things, Easter would have been great because no matter what happens, I will live again. Death will never conquer my sweet boys. My family will be together in the eternities. Because my Savior suffered and died on the cross, and was gloriously resurrected three days later, I do not fear the whispered taunts and threats of this world and its mortality. I testify that the tomb was in fact empty, and that Sunday morning so many years ago, mankind was truly made free. I love my Savior, and I hope your Easter was filled with His love and peace, just as ours was. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment