Thursday, July 7, 2011

No more diapers for Ducky!

No More Diapers for Ducky is the name of a book that we chose to use for potty training. We did the 3 day method, and Jason got the hang of it after the first day. Granted, we had some issues with going #2, but after bribing him with a sticker chart, and earning a new Mater toy, we got that mastered as well.

These are a few pictures of our potty training adventure. I apologize for them being sideways. I've tried twice to reload them, but they keep loading horizontally instead of vertically. But hopefully you can see from the photos how excited he was to be using the big boy potty. And how cute he is when he tries to put his "big boy pants" (only he says "good boy pants") on all by himself.

So June 6th was his first day without diapers and he has never put a diaper on again since. He has also never wet the bed throughout this whole process. We are so proud of him, and he is so proud of himself. He still hollers out for the whole house, or the whole public restroom, to hear, "Mommy, I went pee-pee!" or "Daddy, I went poo-poo!" We need to work on getting him to tone down those declarations, but other wise, the process was smooth and for all intents and purposes, is complete.







This last picture is him putting his pajama shorts on, and then his underwear. He wore it like that for a good half hour, and I just thought his shirt was tucked into the underwear. I told him to go find his shorts so we could put them on as well, only to realize that he had them on under his underwear. What a silly boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment