
So this is a public shout out and thank you to the Clarke family in Ladera Ranch. Dustin and I had our 2 year anniversary on March 24th, and they were willing to babysit Jason all day on Saturday the 28th, so we could get out and celebrate together. We had originally thought of going down to San Diego (where we honeymooned two years ago) and visiting the Wild Animal Park, but we opted instead for somewhere with roller coasters since a zoo we could do with a baby, but roller coasters we could not. So we went up to Knott's Berry Farm.
It was a hot day, and what we would have given to have some shade covering of some kind while waiting in line! But we still had a good time and got a good adrenaline rush or two as we rode some coasters. The bummer part of the trip was waiting in line for Xcelerator, we got all the way up to the front, were 2nd in line to board, when the ride shut down for mechanical errors. We waited there for an hour before deciding to give up our spot and move on to Supreme Scream, which was a blast! That was a good ride to end the trip on.
The other bummer was the price of funnel cakes. Dustin really wanted a funnel cake, since the first time he had one was at Sea World on our honeymoon, and he hadn't had one since, but at Knott's, a funnel cake with strawberry topping and powdered sugar (no whip cream, mind you) was $8.75! Almost $9.00 for one funnel cake! I refused to pay that price, and assured Dustin we would make some at home. We got some really good cheeseburgers (his was a double cheeseburger, mine was a bacon cheeseburger, and each cost less than a funnel cake) that were actually a good value for the price, shockingly enough for theme park food. The story has a happy ending though because we discovered that Knotts' sells funnel cake mixes for $5.00 at the store. So the next morning for breakfast we had 3 funnel cakes for $5, and they were so good! I took a picture, because yummi-ness like this must be preserved for posterity to drool over (not that our posterity needs any other reason to drool!)



I'm so glad you found out about that mix! Now I'm going to get one, too. I haven't had a funnel cake since I was 6 months preggo. And I'm dying for one now that you posted the picture. **evil**
ReplyDeleteI make funnel cakes all the time!
ReplyDelete1 egg
2/3 c. of milk (add more to thin out)
2Tb sugar
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 ts. salt
1 ts. baking powder
enjoy!