Monday, November 2, 2009

Updates on Jason

Hello faithful followers of the Hemsath blog. I have been getting numerous requests to finally post something new, so here I am, obliging our fans. Really, only two out of state family members made the request, but I like to think the rest of you missed your fresh updates as well, so let's get down to business.

We officially closed on our house on 1930 W. Vineyard Plains in San Tan Valley as of Tuesday October 13th. There were quite a few hiccups along the way, but it all worked out in the end and we love our new home. I haven't taken any new pictures of the home yet because I haven't finished unpacking and decorating yet. But look at the post from Sept 14th for a video tour and a photo of the front of the house. More will come on that in the future.

Now for some updates on what you really care about -- Jason! He is getting so big and learning so quickly. Here he is on October 13th, when he turned 11 months. He is huge! We can't believe he will be turning one year in a few weeks. If anyone from out of state is going to be in AZ for Thanksgiving and wants to come to his birthday party, we're thinking of having it the day after Thanksgiving, so let me know if you want to come and I"ll add you to the evite!


This is on his 11 month mark as well. The onesie is from his neina, and couldn't be more appropriate, since Jason just got his first molar this month. Teething really does bite!

It started with his ring stacking toy. Jason finally figured out how to stack the rings on the pole. Since then he has been a pro at figuring out how to put little nerf balls through the holes in the rings, how to fit objects inside his stacking cups, etc. We love to watch the wheels turn as he figures all these new toys out.
Jason has also figured out how to push our buttons. No, he's not crying at night anymore. I got him sleeping through the night again now that we're in our new home. But our remote control buttons, cell phone buttons, DVD player buttons, you name it. If the button pushing results in a noise, a light, or mom and dad whining "Jason!", all the better. Here he is with a toy cell phone at the escrow office while we waited to sign papers.
Jason still loves to give kisses, wave hello and good-bye as well as give high fives. Here he is high-fiving Grandma Liz at the Phoenix Zoo, a trip in which the kids in strollers held his attention better than any of the animals did. Next time, I'll just take him to the mall.
My latest endeavor is to try and let Jason feed himself with a spoon. He does lots of finger foods, but he is constantly wanting to take the spoon out of my hand and hold it himself. He has to learn someday, right? When I first set the bowl of food on his tray and left the spoon in there for him to grab, he didn't know what to do. He kept staring at me as if to say "But as soon as I touch it, you'll take it away from me." With some encouragement, he picked up the spoon and with a curious smile, tried to bring the filled spoon to his mouth. This was the result.

On October 10th, I came home from a girl's night out with my mom and aunts, only to have Dustin tell me that while I was out, Jason took his first two steps. Thankfully, he did it again the next day at my parent's house so we all got to share in the joy of watching him learn and progress. We even got him on video walking to grandpa. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these pics and videos. Just one warning - - you better change the description of dad's costume before he discovers you can't tell the difference between the Rev War and Mountain Man eras :))

    ReplyDelete