Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flying Solo (almost)


On March 18th, I boarded a plane from Orange County to Phoenix, taking Jason with me. Dustin wasn't able to come on our AZ trip due to student teaching obligations, and we didn't want to post-pone the trip any longer, since the purpose was to take a 5 generation picture with Jason's great, great grandma Tyler, who is still alive. It also happened to be the weekend where Jason's great grandma and grandpa Groberg were in town for a cousin's mission homecoming, and they had yet to meet Jason. It was also spring break for aunt Jennie, so it just worked out well for everyone (but Dustin, although I’m sure he enjoyed having the whole queen size bed to himself at nights and not hearing any crying between midnight and 6 am)

We flew in Wednesday night, and returned home Sunday evening. All in all, Jason behaved VERY well on the plane. Minor crying, but once he got his bottle or I stood up with him so he could look around, he was fine. He was intrigued by all the new sights and sounds, so he didn't take his naps like I had been hoping he would, but he didn't cry too much despite his exhaustion.

Highlights of the trip for me include getting to take the 5 generation picture, and seeing everyone play and bond with Jason, especially Uncle Tyler, who is really good with babies, to my surprise. Jason took a liking to his Uncle Tyler right away. Another highlight was waking up at 6 am Sunday morning to realize that Jason had gone to bed 8 hours prior and had not woken up at all to be fed. Hooray for sleeping through the night! It’s been almost 2 weeks and he has yet to repeat that experience, but it's good to know he's capable of it at least.

Here are some pictures and videos from the trip. Enjoy.


With Uncle Tyler

Playing with my namesake, G-pa Karl

With Grandma Liz and Aunt Jennie
Playing with Aunt Katie
5 generations on the Owens side
Meeting the Grobergs for the first time

Uncle Tyler helps Jason with his table dance

3 comments:

  1. Hey HNA Owens, or Whitney, It's hna Phelps, Alyssa. Sounds like the trip was awesome! I got your blog off facebook. Jason is super cute and wow, he is sure growing fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics and the five generation pic is great. Looks like you had fun in AZ. We are headed there this weekend, seeking some warmer sunshine. It was sure fun to play with Jason last weekend. We're just not so popular around here anymore without a cute baby along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video was so cute.. And I only wish I could have been in Arizona to meet little Jason. It all brings back memories of when you guys were babies - and I was the aunt holding you in my arms. "Sunrise...Sunset...SWIFTLY fly the years". Indeed.

    ReplyDelete