Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The most adorable stroke

Jay just had his 6 month check up yesterday, (the doctor was on vacation until now) and here are the results:

He weighed in at 18 lbs 12.5 ounces, (75th percentile) and is 28.5" long (90th percentile). Another half an inch and we'll need to invest in a new car seat. *sigh* It's a good thing this kid is cute or else I don't know how we'd keep forking money over for him.

Still no teeth visible, but he drools like crazy. One of these days I'm sure we'll have a break through in that department, though I'm in no hurry. Nursing is hard enough with the world's most distracted baby. Seriously, he'll stop nursing, roll onto his stomach and just prop himself up on his hands and watch TV or look around the room smacking his lips for 10-20 seconds, then come dive bombing back in for another little bit whenever he wants. It's quite comical, but makes nursing a very drawn out process. Once we add teeth to the mix, I'm not sure how things will go.

Still has the scar on the back of his leg from when his socks were too tight 2 months ago (even the doctor couldn't believe the infamous sock scar!) and the doctor says only time can heal it. I figure, if the only way we scar him for life is that sock incident, then we're a huge success as parents. (If anyone hasn't seen the scar/heard the story and wants a separate post on it, comment so and I'll post something separately)

Jason's left tear duct is still clogged( has been since birth). In addition to getting little eye boogers all the time, it still gets red and puffy every so often, although the doctor says its not the same infection we were treating with drops last month, but rather the random redness/puffiness could be due to salivating all over his hands and then rubbing his eyes, both results of teething. The eye could simply be irritated as a result of that. But he said to keep massaging the duct area 2-3 times a day and if the tear duct is still clogged around 9-12 months, Jason will win himself a trip to the opthamologist (sp?) and have to go under anesthesia while they put a little probe down the duct and clear the blockage. So here's hoping the massaging does the trick.

We got the go ahead to start giving him solids, which we were hoping to do last night, but Jason had a fever from the vaccinations combined with the cold he's getting, so we decided to wait until he was feeling better. Maybe tonight will be the night. I've got my camera battery charging up for the occasion. We'll be sure to post about that experience.

Otherwise, Jason is still just a happy social butterfly. Everyone loves him, and if you need more evidence as to why, below are some of his official 6 month pictures our friend Emiliy Marino took for us at the park by our home.


When our friend Amy saw this picture, she commented: "That's the most adorable stroke I've ever seen!"
















2 comments:

  1. These pics are the best! What a beautiful family. We need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute kid! Very nice pictures. :) I think he looks like a good blend of the both of you.

    ReplyDelete