Monday, November 2, 2009

A Super Halloween

In honor of this year's costumes, I designed and carved this little baby.
Dustin spent quite a while picking out this design, and even longer carving all the intricate details of the pattern entitled "Rhythm and Boos".
Jason dressed as Superman, thanks to some PJs he got as a baby gift from the class Dustin student taught back in CA.
Jason was quite intrigued by this giant orange ball we had in the house.
He we are, quite the super family at our church's Trunk or Treat party on the 30th. In case you can't tell, Dustin is Clark Kent, transforming into Superman. I was supposed to be Lois Lane, though I got more than one person guessing I was Super Nanny, which fits the theme anyway, so it was all good.
Jason didn't want to hold his blue pumpkin, even though mommy picked it out just to match his outfit. Oh well.
Now that's a super kiss!
The Trunk or Treat had a chili cook off, and even Jason got to sample a few bites.

Jason enjoyed sitting in our decorated trunk, waiting for the trunk or treating to begin.
Afterward, Jason was in sugar high heaven as he got to eat candy for the first time. Watermelon flavored lollipop drool was all over the place, and he cried for quite awhile after we took that sucker away.
On the 31st, my parents and sister Katie with her husband Chris came over for dinner. Baby Jay enjoyed trying on Grandpa's three cornered hat.
After dinner, Jay got back in his costume for more trick or treating, and Grandma and Grandpa dressed up for it, too. Grandpa is a historically accurate Mountain Man, and Grandma is "under a rest".
Not wanting to walk in the Lois Lane shoes I had found, I stole Dustin's superman shirt for trick or treating while he stayed home to pass out Candy with Chris.
Jason wanted to be under a rest too. We figure it's a crime to be that cute.
He was allowed to enjoy in another lollipop that night, surrounded by the loot that the adults gladly helped him eat.

Hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween just like us.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Jason is getting so big and he is so cute. I love the costumes and yes, you do look like Super Nanny. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a new post! We've been wondering what you have all been up to since you left us all alone over here. So happy for you guys and the new house and fun to see how Jason is changing. Seems like we just had Thanksgiving and held him as a newborn!

    ReplyDelete