Well, I did it. I set my alarm to wake up before Jason. I got my scriptures read in the morning, my journal entry written on my computer for the day (including all my resolutions), before he woke up. I read his scriptures to him as soon as he woke up while he drank some milk on my lap. He still had a slight fever, so we couldn't go to the gym but I still put on Michael Buble, took the ab ball and dumbbells downstairs, and did a mini work out while he played with toys.
At one point, Jason crawled into my lap while I was attempting to do my crunches on the ball. He thought it was fun to have mommy crunch while he laid on my already protruding belly. I thought it was cute, but only about 10 crunches worth of cute. Then I had to make him get off and go back to playing with his cars.
I also got 2 loads of laundry washed and dried, and 3 loads of laundry put away (there was a load in the drier from who knows when that had been forgotten about). I got the counters cleaned, the dishes done, and the closet organized. And I didn't look at facebook once until it was all done. (I checked facebook at 10pm tonight!)
So my resolutions for scriptures, writing, exercising and housework were all met. But let me tell you, I AM EXHAUSTED! We'll see how long I can keep up with my resolutions. If I fail, it won't be for lack of dedication. It will be for sheer lack of energy. On that note, I should go to bed now.
But before I do, I thought I'd share a fun fact about Jason. He can count to 10 on his own, and has been able to do so for a while. I've recently started singing him his ABC's and he can fill in half of the song on his own already, and I've caught him chanting QRSTUV to himself during playtime. The next step is to get him to recognize the letters and number in print. Well, he knows A and B so far. We played UNO tonight for Family Home Evening to help him with his colors and numbers. I never realized until I had a 2 yr old just how much 4 looks like A and 8 looks like B. For the life of us, we can't get him to call those two numbers anything else. But I can't blame him. They do look an awful lot like the letters he's learned. Oh, the fine nuances of verbal and written language. *sigh* Someday he'll get them down.
Hopefully I'll find time in the next week to post photos and videos of Christmas (or Jay's birthday, or the summer vacations I promised photos of). Some kind of photos, if not all of them, will make an appearance. That's my blogging goal for the week. But for now, the sweet sounds of 500 thread count pillowcases are calling to me, and I can ignore the siren of slumber no longer. Good night!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment