Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolved

Wow. I knew it had been a while since I had blogged, but I didn't realize it had been almost 6 months. That's just sad. I am so sorry for anyone who has actually tried to follow this blog and has been foiled by my negligence. After all, how do you follow something that isn't going anywhere? For those who haven't been able to follow, but have been patiently standing there, watching, waiting for some signs of movement, any activity indicating life - to you faithful friends and family I say "Thank you" and I promise to reward you with much more frequent posts.

I've been going to the gym as much as my now almost 32 week pregnant body will let me. (Sorry for those who didn't see that news on Facebook and were relying on this blog for critical updates such as that. To sum it up, due date is March 1st, it's a boy, we have no names picked out yet, but we're excited and Jason is promising to be a great big brother). While at the gym, I was on the treadmill reading some Hollywood type magazine just to keep my mind focused on something other than how much time I had left. There was a little article about some Hollywood Dad who I don't even know, but it asked him what things he did to keep himself sharp, in tune with himself, successful, or something along those lines. I found his response interesting - He said that he makes sure he writes 1000 words a day. Whether in correspondence, journaling, creative writing etc. That hit home with me and I knew then that I needed to incorporate that into my own life.

You see, I'm a writer by nature. Whether it was a "self published" hardcover book about a Japanese porcelain doll that comes to life and kills all the family members of its owner that I wrote and illustrated in elementary school, or an animated Pixar-style feature length script that counted as my thesis for my B.A in screenwriting, or the 15+ journals sitting on my bookcase ranging from barely-filled to crammed full, I have always been a writer. However, as of late, my journals have been barely filled and the excuses of life and motherhood keep me from doing anything creative either.

But it's a new year. And rather than resolve to lose weight (like I unsuccessfully do every year), I am resolving to write more. I don't want to give myself a word quota like that actor did, but my goal is do write at least SOMETHING everyday. And I'm planning on this blog being a primary vehicle on that journey (though not the sole vehicle, so don't get mad if a day or two goes by without an entry. But I promise there will not be a 6 month gap again)

Which brings me to my next point. This blog is going to shift from being a place for photos, captions, videos and little cute stories about Jason, as it has previously, almost exclusively, been. Don't worry, there will still be those things. Motherhood is so much a part of my life that many a daily writing stint is bound to revolve around that. But I've decided to get a little more personal. Post more things about me and MY feelings. Perhaps even post some creative writing on here. Who knows. Only time will tell. But one thing is for certain - THERE WILL BE POSTS! Of this I am most definitely, and determinedly, resolved.

1 comment:

  1. Yayee! You're back... and pregnant! Congratulations! I'm excited to read your writings! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete