Monday, January 10, 2011

Katie's Shower

This last weekend was a very busy one. I threw a shower for my sister Katie, who is having a baby girl, and her due date is three days before mine. (She's Feb 26th, I'm March 1st). I had some help with planning from both Katie and our sister Jennie, lots of food help from my Mom, Jennie, Aunt Bev and Katie's MIL Rachelle, and my sweet husband helped me find the perfect puzzle shape for the advice board we were doing (my first 3 attempts failed to produce interlocking pieces). And the event was hosted at the lovely and spacious Phoenix home of Marilyn Llewellyn. I am so grateful for everyone who helped out to make it happen, because it turned out quite lovely I think, and there is no way I could've done it with out them.

We did a puzzle theme. The invites read: "Guess who's adding another piece to their puzzle?". There were puzzle shaped cookies and sandwiches, a candy buffet, puzzle shaped advice cards, a few games and decor some with either puzzle theme or just pink/green theme. We even had a diaper raffle complete with a diaper cake that my mom and I made together. (I supplied the idea, the diapers and the little add-ons. She supplied all the ribbons, flowers and artistic assembling).

All in all, there were about 40 people who showed up. Katie opened A LOT of super cute things. I was busy tallying results from the games, so I didn't get to see her open half of them, but it looks like fun was had by all. I'm so glad it went well, and now that its over, I plan on doing NOTHING big other than have this baby. I want to put my foot down and refuse to organize or plan anything else. I think I've earned that for the next 7 weeks.

Oh, and after the baptism, we had the honor of attending and participating in the baptismal services of Oliver Prucha, Jennie's boyfriend. He is an awesome guy that we've gotten to know over the past few months. He's been to our place for Thanksgiving and Christmas and he's just a really neat guy. He has a great testimony and we were thankful for the opportunity to have him share it with us and let us be a part of his special baptism day.

Here are some photos from Saturday in all its glory. (Hopefully you can tell what they all are from the above paragraphs, because I don't feel like adding captions.) Have a great Monday everyone!










2 comments:

  1. That shower looks amazing! it reminds me of making food in our little casita. Weirdly I'm mostly only remembering the day when we only had cheerios covered with nutmeg sauce to eat... anyway- cute idea with the puzzles and i LOVE how all the little sandwiches fit together! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a wonderful day I'll never forget!!!

    ReplyDelete